Bespoke and Custom Process
Beth loves to create bespoke and customised jewellery. She specialises in designing and making unique engagement and wedding rings in particular, but is very happy to work on other types of jewellery as well. Please feel free to get in touch if you are interested in commissioning a bespoke piece here.
"As a designer and goldsmith it’s a wonderful process working with a client to bring their dream jewellery to life. It's a real privilege creating jewellery that commemorates significant events in my customers lives."
- Beth Gilmour
Our commissions can range from customising an existing design, to making an entirely unique, bespoke piece. We are happy to work to your brief and this can be in our signature style or something different; a gallery of past commissions and custom orders can be seen here.
The Bespoke Commissioning Process
- We start the commissioning process with a meeting, either in person or online, where Beth explains the process and she has the opportunity to meet you and find out exactly what you desire.
- It’s helpful to have visuals at the initial stage, so we look at existing pieces Beth has, as well un-set gemstones that are available. It’s also helpful if clients have visuals to discuss, but this isn’t essential. You might show images of jewellery you like* or show jewellery or other objects as a reference point. If you have sketches of an idea it's useful to see them too.
- The next step is producing options for a design. We discuss the aesthetics and style of the design as well as practicalities. It’s important that the piece fits your lifestyle. Depending on the project we might then produce drawings to illustrate the piece. We charge a fee for this service.
- Once the chosen design has been selected and the price approved, we require a deposit to be paid in order to progress making.
- As soon as the piece is completed and the balance is paid, the piece is delivered to you.
*We value authenticity in design and will therefore not replicate or base a design on another jeweller’s work.
How long do bespoke pieces take to make? Generally standard ring commissions take between 4 and 6 weeks to complete. More intricate pieces like garland necklaces can take up to 8-10 weeks. We endeavour to meet any deadline you have and if any delay occurs we will always inform you as soon as we can.
Are bespoke pieces refundable? Bespoke, commissioned and custom pieces are entirely non-refundable, non-returnable and are considered final sale.
Do you set clients own gemstones? Unfortunately at this time we are not re-setting clients' gemstones, but we plan to offer this service in the near future.
Can I order a custom or bespoke piece in Silver? We regret that we do not take on any orders or commissions in Silver. Our commission/bespoke pieces are available in various alloys, gold or platinum.
Can I pay in instalments? Yes payment in instalments can be arranged. We require that a deposit is paid to proceed and once to project is completed, the balance is paid prior to delivery. Please enquire for more details.